Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Breakfast

I am still somewhat confused about something I observed this morning. I arose from bed to make my good ole' cornflakes and milk and noticed something strange. A single cigarette sat on my windowsill, ashy butt facing out to the other 11 or so floors (and three walls) of this apartment complex. It certainly wasn't mine, unless I am smoking in my sleep, which I doubt considering my lack of craving or preference in daylight...I was so disconcerted I started to pour water into my cereal.
Could it have been one of my roommates, my senora or her daughter? As I didn't notice it yesterday, they would have had to be watching me sleep or extremely eager to watch other people's windows, both of which seem unlikely. And as there is a littering of ash trays around the house for exactly this purpose, why would they leave it there? The only other possibility is that an upper neighbor dropped it there by chance or...scaled the wall to leave me a smoky token? There are 5 locks- one for the main entrance, one for my elevator entrance, another next to the elevator in case we need to access the stairs, and two at our front door. If I have a stalker he/she is determined and/or an insider. Of course, Ana DID set some fresh sheets in my room, but she tries to keep my area clear of smoking in general out of courtesy...

If it happens again this webcam is going on night patrol...

As for breakfast it was about as satisfying as crunchy flakes + milk can be, although I am disappointed with my juice purchase. I eyes the aisles of OJ cartons looking for one that appeared fresh and pulpy but alas, my choice is more comparable to Tang...You can buy delicious fresh-squeezed glasses at restaurants or even from street vendors, but the packaged selections at grocery stores are more limited. Good thing they sell wine to make up for it. Speaking of wine, look out for my next post on my weekend in Tigre!

No comments:

Post a Comment